Video & Air Quality Monitor
- HD Video: Connect in HD to your home on your phone, from anywhere
- Smart Alerts: Get notifications when an event is detected (noise or movement)
- 24/7 Security: 24h- Timelapse, 2-day diary of events & continuous recording options
- Air Quality: Monitor indoor air quality & be notified of pollution spikes
- Baby Monitor Mode: Hear and watch your baby, talk to them or entertain them with light & sound lullabies from your smartphone
Camera quality is another vital thing to get right on a device such as this, and for the most part the Home does a good job on this front. It has a 5MP CMOS sensor with a 135-degree widescreen view and 12x zoom, plus surprisingly good auto enhancement and infrared LED night vision. All these combine to capture good quality pictures and videos in virtually any light.
Unfortunately, video quality doesn’t match that of stills, which means you may struggle to identify strange faces passing quickly in front of the camera – not ideal if you’re trying to work out who stole your telly.
As for audio, there’s a 2W speaker with a 22mm diaphragm, covering frequencies from 300 to 16,000 Hz. You also get ‘audio echo cancellation’ and ‘noise reduction technologies’ built-in. The result is perfectly acceptable and more than fit for purpose. Oh, and there’s a built-in mic, so you can speak to people at home via the smartphone app.